We know that there are companies out there, owned by a waterproofing company or a general contractor, that suddenly opened up a “deck inspection company” after the balcony bill became law, in order to feed their real business-contracting. I won’t name names, however I invite you to copy and paste the following into a word document, print it out and ask any competing bidders to sign this No Conflicts of Interest pledge.
if you are my customer, you get this pledge from me. Ethical inspectors should only be working for their client and not have any hidden agenda’s. To that end, all of our proposals will have this signed certification and promise from us.
AFFIDAVIT OF NO CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
On the HOA/Apartment Community property being inspected at: ____________________________________________________________
I, _______William Leys__________ affirm and attest that I and others associated with my firm:
- Shall not provide a bid to repair any adverse conditions noted in our report
- Have no direct or indirect financial interest in the building materials that may be specified
- Do not receive financial benefits from contractors that may perform any work specified by us; and
- Will not accept compensation or benefits from any party except you my client for services pertaining to this inspection.
As an ethical professional I certify in writing that:
Our Only Obligation Is to You, the Client
Inspectors shall conduct themselves in a fashion which brings credit to themselves, their employers and their profession. In addition to upholding the behavioral standards described above, an inspector/consultant
- Shall preserve the confidence of his/her client or employer and serve each in a professional and competent manner.
- Shall exercise unprejudiced and unbiased judgment and conduct when performing all professional services and inspections;
- Shall practice only in his/her area of competence;
IV. Shall decline any activity or employment, avoid any significant financial or other interest, and decline any contribution if it would reasonably appear that such activity, employment, interest, or contribution could compromise his or her professional judgment or conduct, or prevent him/her from serving the best interest of his/her client or employer, without making full disclosure to the client and obtaining the client’s consent thereto;
- Shall neither offer nor make any payment or gift to any public official, private client or industry representative with the intent of influencing that person’s judgment or decision in connection with an existing or prospective inspection/consultation I am interested in; and
By submission of this Affidavit, I affirm the above are true and accurate statements.
Does your SB 326 deck inspector measure up? If they won’t sign this Declaration of No Conflicts of Interest, that might be a warning sign. Other warning signs are their contract has a clause that has a $10,000 penalty if anyone in the HOA writes a negative review, or if you see an ad that says “free with mail in rebate”.
I invite you to experience William Leys Waterproofing Consultants LLC’s personal service, expertise and guarantee of no conflicts of interest. I’m Bill Leys and I put my name on the company and it’s my reputation. I’ve partnered with a top rated structural engineer and can provide you with a balcony inspection report that is better than my worthy competitors and far far better than the wanna be inspectors.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a “free inspection if you contract with us to fix your decks”. It’s called a ruse. They lure you in with BS that is designed to make you feel like you are getting a deal and pack on the costs on the other side.
With William Leys Waterproofing Consultants LLC, your SB 326 balcony inspection under Civil Code 5551 is guaranteed to be free of conflicts of interest-you as the HOA are our only client. Call me now at 805-801-2380.
Thank you, Bill Leys